Alternatives for Infertility Treatment That You Should Know About
While most women don’t experience problems getting pregnant, there are many couples across the country that struggle to fall pregnant and need to seek outside infertility treatment to start their families. Infertility can affect up to 12 percent of the world’s population, and 20 percent of couples suffer infertility in both the man and women. The most obvious solution for people who want to become parents is starting IVF, which is usually effective but comes at a high cost, if you can’t afford to see a fertility specialist, there are many natural alternatives to help you on your journey to becoming a family. At Balanced Energy, we understand the struggle and hopelessness these couples feel, so we have derived natural ways to assist them down this path.
What You Should Know About Infertility Acupuncture
The ancient Chinese art of acupuncture has been known to assist and alleviate many ailments and is even used to treat infertility in both men and women. This is what you need to know when it comes to infertility acupuncture.
- Stimulates blood flow. The needles are placed in strategic places, which differ from person to person. These needles may stimulate the hormones that send messages to the brain, increasing the blood flow to the reproductive organs, boosting your fertility.
- You’ll need to go more than once. When using acupuncture to assist with infertility, you’ll need to go for one to three sessions a week. As acupuncture is process-orientated, more is always better than less. The more often you have these treatments, the higher your chances of conceiving.
- It won’t always work. Many couples rely heavily on alternative treatments to conceive; however, just like with any treatment, it isn’t guaranteed that it will work as you may have a serious medical problem that can’t be helped with acupuncture, and couples should prepare themselves for this possible outcome.
Tips Regarding Infertility Acupuncture
Although you have probably seen many TV shows where the characters go for acupuncture, the reality is quite different. Here are some tips for you to remember for your first acupuncture appointment.
- Using it in conjunction with IVF. If you have decided to go for IVF and want to increase your chances of falling pregnant, going for acupuncture appointments for three months before your round of IVF may assist with increasing your fertility.
- Be open with your acupuncturist. If you have already started your IVF treatments or you’re on any medication, you need to inform your practitioner. Some medicines contain aspirin which can thin your blood. Having this information beforehand can allow the practitioner to prepare if you do bleed during.
- Ensure your practitioner is safe. Safety should always be high on your acupuncturist’s priority list, and you should ensure you use a practitioner who disposes of the needles at the end of each session and sterilises the treatment area before each new client.
About Balanced Acupuncture
At Balanced Acupuncture, we believe in the power of ancient medicinal treatments and how the body, mind, and soul need to be in sync to boost your health. We offer our clients a range of services such as acupuncture, Tai Chi, and a range of traditional Chinese medicines.
For more information about our services or to book an appointment, contact us now.