Let Us Help You With Chinese Acupuncture
You’ve probably all seen Chinese acupuncture sometime in your life, whether it’s in person or a movie. We’ve all seen someone lying on a bed with a bunch of needles sticking out of their back. However, it sounds worse than it is, and you don’t need to worry, we have a professional team of highly qualified therapists. It can be daunting at first, but once you experience the pure relaxation and comfort it brings you, you’ll be hooked.
Acupuncture started as a practice used only to relieve people of pain. Still, these days it’s used for numerous complaints, skeletal problems, nausea, anxiety, depression, and migraines, to name a few. The needles stimulate the body’s central nervous system releasing chemicals into the muscles, brain, and spinal cord. These chemicals help in the body’s natural healing process and promote well-being both physically and emotionally.
Benefits of Chinese Medicine NZ
The treatment involves inserting very thin needles through the person’s skin at specific points on the body. Research has found that acupuncture can help relieve pain. It has also shown other areas of concern outside of pain that can benefit from acupuncture. Even though people have not yet scientifically pinpointed how it works, some have speculated that it treats by balancing vital energy or the body, while others claim it works neurologically. Let us take you through some other benefits of acupuncture and what it treats.
- If you are struggling with pain ranging from your lower back, neck, knee, or headaches and migraines, you’ll find that acupuncture can relieve that pain and have your body moving normally again. Exceptions would include conditions requiring surgical repair.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has reported that acupuncture can positively affect numerous other conditions such as high or low blood pressure, facial pain, morning sickness, dental pain, tennis elbow, and reducing the risk of a stroke, to name a few.
- It may also help patients who have tried pain medication without success. In addition, acupuncture has very few side effects or harmful interactions with medications.
Learn More About Different Types of Chinese Medicine in NZ
Chinese medicine in NZ has been around for a long time, having evolved over thousands of years. There are a few different types of Chinese medicine, including one of the most popular – Acupuncture; a further two can also help you: they are Tai Chi and herbal products.
- Tai Chi combines certain postures, breathing, mental focus, relaxation, and gentle movements. It is said to have the ability to improve stability and balance in older people or those who are struggling with Parkinson’s.
- Due to the limited number and poor quality of studies, there is no firm conclusion regarding their effectiveness. However, observations suggest that Chinese herbal products possess qualities to help with heart disease and respiratory and mental health disorders.
- One of the biggest mistakes to avoid is buying Chinese herbal products online from less than reputable suppliers. Instead, visit a licensed acupuncturist who has a vast knowledge and understanding of Chinese herbology.
About Balanced Acupuncture We have a combined experience of over 40 years in the art of mind-body medicine. We strive to give each client a professional experience that will help them feel better. We focus all our attention on the needs of our clients while delivering only the best service we can offer using our knowledge of the practices we provide.
Contact us today if you require any more information or complete the online enquiry form.